Feb. 13, 2023
Eligible Occupations for
FL Hometown Heroes Loan Program
All borrower(s) qualifying with one of the eligible occupations below must be employed FULL-TIME and CURRENTLY employed in one of the eligible occupations below.
Please note that occupations or job titles/positions that do not appear on this list are not eligible under Hometown Heroes.
Licensing or Certification Documentation Needed to Confirm Occupation
Included with all eligible occupations listed below. Please reference and request certification or license as indicated with each eligible occupation from borrower(s). Each eligible occupation references the State agency (or other applicable agency) that would be responsible for certification or licensing of that occupation.
Documentation Needed to Confirm Full-Time Status
A written or verbal VOE indicating full-time employment of 35 hours or more a week must be provided by all borrower(s). If a VOE doesn’t reflect 35 hours or more a week, the employer will need to confirm buyer is employed full-time. A VOE is required for all eligible occupations below.
Self-Employed borrower(s) may provide a copy of work schedule indicating full-time status or a copy of paystub indicating full-time status or copy of contract or work schedule indicating full-time status.
Attestation Form required by eligible borrower(s) under HTH
Borrower(s) must execute the Attestation Form indicating eligible occupation unless otherwise noted below.
Florida Hometown Heroes Loan Program List:
1. Sworn Law Enforcement Officer
2. Certified Correction Officer
3. Correctional Probation Officer
4. Juvenile Detention Officer
5. Juvenile Probation Officer
7. Certified Paramedic
8. Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
9. 911 Public Safety Communicator
10. Certified K-12 Educators (Public, Charter Schools) to include:
· Classroom Teacher
· Career Specialist
· Librarian/Media Specialist ●School Counselor
· Social Worker
· School Psychologist
(Private school educators, as reflected above, are eligible with certification from FL Department of Education.)
11. Licensed or Registered Childcare Operator (Owner of Childcare Facility)
12. Childcare Instructor (employed by a LICENSED childcare facility or LICENSED or REGISTERED home childcare provider)
13. Registered Nurse (RN)
14. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
15. Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
16. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
17. Clinical Nurse Specialist
18. Certified Nurse Midwife
19. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
20. Home Health Aide (employed by a LICENSED home health agency)
21. Health Care Practitioner to include:
· Physician Assistant
23. Anesthesiologist Assistant
25. Certified Medical Assistant
27. Osteopathic Physician
28. Chiropractic Physician
29. Certified Chiropractic Physician’s Assistant
30. Podiatric Physician
31. Certified Podiatric XRay Assistant
32. Naturopathic Physician
34. Certified General Radiographer
35. Specialty Technologist (Radiologic)
36. Genetic Counselor
38. Optician Apprentice
39. Certified Optometrist
40. Hearing Aid Specialist
41. Hearing Aid Specialist Trainee
42. Physical Therapist
43. Physical Therapist Assistant
45. School Psychologist
46. Clinical Social Worker
47. Marriage & Family Therapist
48. Mental Health Counselor
49. Child Protective Services’ Enforcement
50. Adult Protective Services’ Enforcement
52. Veterinarian Assistant or Technician *(employed by a permanent or mobile veterinary practice
53. Assistant Public Defender
54. Assistant State Attorney
55. Assisted Living Facility Administrator
56. Active Military Personnel & Veterans
(Formerly the Salute Our Soldiers Program) Active-Duty Military and Veterans are NOT required to qualify with an eligible occupation above. Active-Duty Military and Veterans qualify based on their military service only.
· Active Military Personnel
Active-duty personnel from the military (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Space Force or the Reserves) are exempt from the First Time Homebuyer Requirement. Must provide a copy of his/her LES or copy of their SRCA to validate eligibility. (Include “N/A” in the license and certification section of Attestation Form).
Veterans are exempted from the First Time Homebuyer Requirement when they provide a valid DD-214 that reflects discharge status as other than dishonorable. Surviving spouse may participate in a VA first mortgage ONLY when providing a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE). (Include “N/A” in the license and certification section of Attestation Form).